Swift

My Favorite Youtube Fitness Channels


 
     Lately I've been struggling a lot with self improvement. I've been eating too much, doing homework to little, exercising to little, and wasting way too much time on social media. I've gone vegan - not a hard change for me since I care so much about the movement and I've already been a vegetarian for a while. This has definitely helped me to cut back on the sweets, since so many contain milk and eggs. It's also worried my mom enough that she's gotten in to home cooked meals, and those are always super healthy. I still don't feel like I'm doing enough though. I still feel like I've completely lost all self control. I can't even hold off of my lunch until lunchtime, and that's after eating about 8 lbs of food for breakfast. I eat all of what's in front of me and usually more. I'm constantly thinking about food. It's not like this is a new thing, I've been in this weird frame of mind of planning my day out (what I'll eat, when I'll exercise, when I'll do homework) thoroughly and obsessing over it and then not following any of it, for kind of a while. It's a bad habit and, unfortunately, habits are really hard to break. It's sucking the life force out of me if I must be honest. However, exercising always makes me feel good, so to make myself do that thing that makes me feel good, I'll give myself, and anyone else reading this, a bit of motivation by posting about my favorite you tube workout channels. Yes, I know workout videos are cheesy, but with it being dark when I get home, I really can't run, and these are the next best thing. It's hard to get yourself started when you're just following a workout routine without anything to watch or get you pumped.
   
My favorite fitness channel on youtube is SuperherofitnessTV. Her name is Kierra LaShae, and she's pretty fantastic. Her channel is mostly full of dance workouts, but she has a few other sorts of videos as well, such as snack ideas and conventional HIIT workouts. She's also worked with DailyBurn. She's a mom, a musician, and recently a vegan. I was super excited when she made that change.

Image result for yoga with adriene
She's adorable which is weird because she's a lot older than me but.. still adorable
     Another favorite is YogaWithAdrien. This channel is much less cardio. A lot of her yoga videos are pretty easy, and some are more challenging. She's very devoted to her "find what feels good" principal. She's all about doing whatever it seems like you're body is telling you to do.

Image result for popsugar fitness
     PopsugarFitness is pretty standard, but it honestly has some pretty good stuff. There's lot's of variety: Kickboxing, dancing, conventional HIIT, lazy girl arm workouts, but killers, everything. One of their trainers names is Rebecca Louis, who has her own channel. PopSugar also posts a ton of workouts on Pinterest that are pretty great.

Image result for rebecca louise
Look at that body! Fitness goals yo
     Rebecca Louis has less variety than the whole Popsugar channel, but it's still a pretty good channel, especially when you're trying to get toned and don't have tons of time; most of her videos are pretty short.

     Last night, my workout didn't poop me out, but it was still pretty good. I started with a quick 10 minute ballet vid I found on PopsugarFitness, just to warm me up. Then, since I felt like listening to music, I headed on over Pinterest and just found a cardio workout written out to warm me up. I put on Spotify, and then instead of jogging in place when it asked me to, I danced around my bedroom. Occasionally I'd pick up a pair of 5 lb weights during. The workout was too easy for me, so I took out the rests. If a workout doesn't suit your needs, modify it! there's no reason to follow something that's not gonna give you anything! After about 20 minutes of that, I did a 15 minute power yoga video, that I found on Youtube; I especially find yoga difficult to stay concentrated on without a guide, unless I'm at a park or something with no distractions around me (not gonna happen during the winter).

     I hope the cold weather hasn't sucked all of the motivation and or self control out of you all, because those are terrible things to have sucked out of you. If it is, don't fret, spring will be here soon, but first is CHRISTMAS, and there is also always tea before the sun comes out again. Hope you're loving the season though. I truly hope you are. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog