Swift

Busyness



     I've been quite busy this past week, so I'm rushing out this post with my eyes drooping, and it won't be the best or longest post I can do. Sorry about that. Anyways, I'll just do a quick run through of my day, and then go to bed. The first thing I did this morning after a shower and breakfast was get myself to school. It was a Sunday, but the State Championships for robotics was being held at my school, and my Acapella group was set to sing the National Anthem. I went okay. I certainly didn't sound amazing, but my voice is soft and it blends well enough with the other singers in the group, so I wasn't mortified by my lacking performance. 
     I came home ad got straight to my first English assignment. Everyday after school, I've had track or Acapella, and then felt obligated to train at home, so I left almost all of my homework for the weekend. Specifically all for Sunday. When I was done with the first assignment, which took way longer than it should have, my eyes hurt from staring at a screen and I took my dog for a walk. I never have been good at sitting all day. Since I couldn't jog, (I may have stress fractured my foot) I took pictures while I was out. None are particularly good, but I might as well share them.

(By the way, always take the time to care for your pets! I'm guilty
of not being a perfect pet owner, but I've been getting better.)
I just really liked this house 
dog and god having the same letters is
probably not a coincidence
I have an ugly hand but only because
society has a thing against veins
and other imperfections.
We should embrace them as though
they are features on a flower. They
define us. Make us colorful and unique.
And that's pretty cool.
Portland's nice because you have a
park about every 2 blocks
After that, I finished up homework and all of my last minute essays to apply for a couple of Summer internships. I'll talk about those later.
Other updates on my life: For Lent, the 40 days before Easter, I've given up sugar, and been attempting to do Yoga every day. Neither have been perfect, but life is never about being perfect, so I haven't allowed my messups to stop me from continuing the practice. Too often I hear people say how they couldn't follow a practice perfectly, so they shouldn't try at all. The most common example: I tried to be a vegetarian once... for a week. They messed up once, after suddenly cutting something out so suddenly the whole practice isn't worth it? Just cutting back on your meat intake is such an good thing to do for the planet. There's never any shame in not fully commiting. IDK, that's just a pet peeve of mine. Sorry if I just shamed someone, you're still probably an amazing person. 
I'm very tired, which is why I've gotten even more rambly than usual. Night lovely people.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog