Swift

Just a Manic Monday



    Ah yes, an A Day In The Life post. The most cliche of all the personal blog material. Today is a Sunday, which means tomorrow is a Monday, and I will start a new week. My use of the word new is quite arbitrary. I'm sure there will be nothing new about it. Maybe I'll have one or two conversations that I haven't had before. Perhaps we'll learn another song in acapella that I've never heard. If tomorrow goes as tomorrows usually go, it'll look something like the following.

     I usually wake up between 6:00 and 6:30 am. I'm lucky enough that I get a mom to wake me up instead of an alarm clock. Then I go downstairs for breakfast and tea. I accidentally spend half  an hour staring at the wall and eating too much. Then I'll prepare myself more food to take for lunch. I brush me teeth and wash my face. I'll use Say Yes To Tomatoes Face Wash, then witch hazel, then Aveeno acne control face wash. I'll run upstairs and get dressed and get my backpack together. We'll run out the door at around 7:35 with my mom screaming at me to hurry up while I struggle to get my eyeliner even and grab the last 5 things I need - wait, six! Can't leave without my earbuds. Or my journal. Or last's night homework. If my makeup's done, I'll drive. If not, my mom will so I can finish it in the car.
The foggy cityscape walking to school one morning.
Portland can be beautiful sometimes.

And here's our chemistry class. As you can see we get a lot
done. Just kidding. Maybe 10 other kids and I have a passing
grade? Our teacher's on maternity leave and chemistry
substitutes are surprisingly hard to find. 
beautiful
    Since it's a dreaded Skinny Monday, I'll have all 8 periods. Last semester, my first period was Radio. I would spend that period arguing with my Baskin Robin poster friend group (We have a Black girl and a Mexican boy and an Asian boy and I'm the white girl - we're as colorful as a bowl of rainbow sherbet. I just think it's funny because it reminds me of a poster at Baskin Robbins that's always made me laugh.) We just started a new semester though, so I'll have digital media instead. It's quite a bit more boring. Next I'll have honors English. My teacher from that class will be reading this, so I suppose it's mandatory that i call it my favorite class, but I swear, it is. I suppose it's also imperative that I tell about how she's the most fantastic teacher around. The bell rings, I hustle upstairs and maybe take a piss before a chaotic 45 minutes of geometry. At 11:26 is lunch. I'll either sit with that rainbow sherbet group of friends or my nerd heard. History comes, then art, then robotics, then chemistry. Acapella is after school at 3:30. One of the more fun parts of my day. Very jazzy and perfect for valentines day, we're currently working on the "Just my Imagination" by the temptations. I'll put it a video for the original song since everybody should know it, but we sing it quite differently. We've got a lovely pair of bass singers who sing "doom doom baby" to keep the beat. Then the altos and sopranos harmonize with a higher pitched "doom doom baby, la la, doom baby baby". Add a soloist to sing the lyrics and it actually sounds pretty good. I mostly just like listening to the basses. I love deep voices. There is nothing better in the world than a good deep voice.
 I'll get to school at 8:15.

     I come home on the max. Portland is famous for public transportation, but it's hard to notice anything special about it when you ride it everyday. The max is full of crazy people. Most people would list this as a negative, but I love it. I love having conversations with those who are half delusional. They're more... exuberant.  On most days however, I'll simply get my homework done and listen to music.

     I've already written more boring words than anyone would likely want to read, so I think I'll cut this off here. I hope you all have productive days today. Or a relaxing one. Or a fun one. At least some sort of pleasant one. Just have a nice day. I suppose that's all we can ever really wish eachother. And I hope you encounter something new (of the good sort).


If you can't read, the hat says party

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog